Follow by Email

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Viva Italia! "Getting There"

Buon Giorno Homeschoolers!

If you have not heard of the Carolina Homeschooler, I am happy to share:

http://www.carolinahomeschooler.com/atravelitaly.html

They offer homeschoolers trips and has one scheduled for Italy next March!  I had an opportunity to visit with my husband's work.  He said he had an opportunity to visit and I said, only if I can come :)

It was an amazing experience, I cannot wait to return and share it with our daughters!  They cannot wait as well.  Not sure when that will be but, we have been in the prep stages learning the Italian language.  Being part Sicilian, it was charming when the natives thought I was a native.

I will be sharing experiences here and there, but it was a trip of a lifetime (Spring 2013)!  This is just getting to Italy, planes, trains, etc…..

The airports were so large, they had inside trams to get you where you needed to go!





The Amsterdam Airport


Charming Hubby was in charge of the luggage!  THANK YOU :)


Almost to our first destination - ROME!!!  Yes, I am getting pretty excited at this point.



The high speed trains


We kept circling the area looking for our hotel room.  I think we found it!!


Vespas were the vehicle of choice



Tons of people in front of the Pantheon at the Piazza della Rotunda!!!!
For our church's Sports Camp, they asked anyone traveling around the world to send in photos with the tshirt in a foreign country!  Here I am in front of the PANTHEON, could hardly believe I had left the North American continent?  Thanks to hubby who had been to Italy a couple times previously, he was the best travel advisor/tour guide :)
That's all for now - Ciao!

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;"  Ephesians 5:25

No comments:

Post a Comment