Follow by Email

Friday, March 25, 2016

Continuing??? Looking for your input.....

Greetings Everyone!

This blog has been a blessing to our family in so many ways.....we have met new friends for one :)  We have been blessed with some groups who join us offer reciprocity in return, which has also been a blessing to our family!!!  We are blessed to be a service to all of you!!!!  It has been my passion, and many homeschoolers have said how much they enjoy our field trips.  We just want to make the homeschool experience for our children and yours the best it can be :)  The past month or so I have been praying about what to do with our field trips...I have been considering taking field trips offline and offer just through an email group.  Why?  There are several reasons....there are times when there seems to be not a lot of interest?  There has gotten to be so many groups out there all competing for the same time slots for field trips.  There seems to be so many who lurk, but do not join us?  What can we do to encourage you to join us?  


Image result for irisThe Bible tells us, "As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace:"  1 Peter 4:10

The positives that families have received from our field trips have been times when we have had large groups for an event and the organization, facility, etc has provided extra perks.  When there are only 10-20 students sometimes it is not worth it to the organization to give deep discounts or include something that would normally not be included.


The blog remains free, but I know some groups cost up to $75 to join.  I always wonder what the fees cover???  In the past couple weeks, I have had homeschool moms contact me with this very same situation, not enough interest for their field trips therefore increasing the price to their students.

I took my children to visit a weaving establishment.  The people enjoyed having them and showed them how to weave which was a blessing unto itself.  One of the ladies showed their heavy duty thread used to make cheesecloth...it was a threefold cord just as described in the Bible passage.  The ladies gave some to us to and we could not break it.   "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their toil. For if they fall, one will lift up his fellow. But woe to him who is alone when he falls and has not another to lift him up! Again, if two lie together, they keep warm, but how can one keep warm alone? And though a man might prevail against one who is alone, two will withstand him—a threefold cord is not quickly broken."  Ecclesiates 4:9-12


So to all you lurkers, I want to encourage you to please join us!!!  We have a couple more field trips planned and others that still have room along with our hiking group.....I will continue praying about this and see where God leads us.  Maybe he has another plan of greater proportions?  Please feel free to email me at DecadentChocolate@gmail.com with your thoughts, ideas and suggestions for field trips, dates, times, etc.  We want to continue to provide a wonderful supplement to your homeschooling education and needs.  Thank you for your input and support over the years.   Blessed Easter Greetings from our family to yours, Kim


"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe in this?" John 11:25-26

3 comments:

  1. My 2 cents: Do you have a Facebook page or group for your events? I find that is the best way to reach the most people. Not everyone has time to catch up on reading blogs or to read emails (I am spectacularly bad at checking my own email lol) but the majority of people get FB notifications and use that as their primary tool for communication. I set up field trips using FB all the time (usually just within our co-op) and generally get a very good response. It's also a great way for people to communicate and share info instantaneously too, like to ask questions or get directions or notify you if they're running late, etc. Just a suggestion - thanks for organizing all the fun stuff you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I would go to so many more field trips but I just don't check the blog often enough and I end up missing them. Maybe a Facebook group would be an easier way to set up groups? I just don't think of checking blogs as much unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies! Janessa, may I recommend if you are not signed up for my blog that you please consider? New posts go directly to email and subscribers are the first to hear of opportunities :)

    ReplyDelete