Follow by Email

Friday, August 5, 2016

Firm Foundation!

This Old House that we own has much work to be done on it and not much available time and resources to devote.  My husband is always busy working or serving others so the house gets neglected at times.  Our roof needs to be done, the exterior paint has peeled to the bare wood.  I decided to visit Home Depot yesterday and they recommended oil-based Kilz to use to maintain the paint adhering to our wood siding.  The kids and I began scraping yesterday and found some rotten planks, so I contacted our Historical Society, because yes, we have a historical home!  I received a message back with such encouraging words, I am overjoyed at just the possibility of their assistance!!!  The President mentioned they may begin awarding grants to owners of historical homes.  Continuing to pray for our house to be on solid rock and firm foundation!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIQMcbFEQTY
Storms are inevitable, when the storms arise, do you come out on top?

My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
but wholly lean on Jesus' name.

On Christ, the solid rock, I stand;
all other ground is sinking sand,
all other ground is sinking sand.

When darkness veils his lovely face,
I rest on his unchanging grace;
in every high and stormy gale,
my anchor holds within the veil.

God is working and moving for those who are faithful!  I hope this has been encouraging, God listens and knows our heart, we just need to persevere through the storm!!!

"Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won’t collapse because it is built on bedrock. But anyone who hears my teaching and doesn’t obey it is foolish, like a person who builds a house on sand. When the rains and floods come and the winds beat against that house, it will collapse with a mighty crash.”  Matthew 7:24-27

"For he was looking forward to the city with firm foundationswhose architect and builder is God."  Hebrews 11:10

No comments:

Post a Comment